REVIEW: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Matte Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation
Hey there! I'ts review time! You may or may not know, that I have combo skin with a super oily T-zone, I've also been living in a really dry place, so that doesn't do any favours to my skin. I usually struggle to find a foundation or BB cream that can tackle those issues, which is why I'm always trying new ones. I've heard some nice opinions about this one, so I decided to give it a shot.

First things first, packaging. The packaging is sleek, minimalistic and elegant, which I liked a lot. It features a pump, great for hygienic application. It is a bit heavily scented, but I like the smell of it, reminds me of praline.


I got mine in the shade 170, which has a slighly cool undertone. I chose this on purpose because I have some yellow undertone areas on my face and this way I could colour correct them without any extra products. I've now tried the foundation with 3 different primers, and they did change the behaviour and results, if not dramatically, it was enough for me to notice it. I always apply it with a damp Real Techniques Sponge.

The first time I wore it, I wore it with Benefit's PoreFessional. I think this primer was the one that had the least effect on the foundation's wear time and appearance. The foundation has a very veeeeeery matte finish and it lasted for about 7 hours before requiring any touch ups.  I didn't do said touch ups with extra foundation, I only used my Beauty Credit Lovely Two Way Cake Matt powder and it worked like a charm. 
One thing I did notice, is that it can accentuate the skin's texture, even though I wore it with a pore primer, but not in an extremely noticeable way or anything, and it can be easily fixed with some face mist.

The second time, I wore it with Etude House's Face Blur. This is actually the second best result I got. Face Blur is on the hydrating side of things, and I think it might have counteracted the extreme matte-ness of the foundation a bit, making it a tad less drying, hence stopping it from accentuating skin texture. However, it did get oily a lot faster with this primer.

The third time was the ultimate winning combo. I tried it with Milani's Mattyfying Prime Shield. This primer has long been known to be a dupe for Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer, and with me, it has lived up to its reputation for most of the foundations I've tried. With this one, the oiliness kept to a minimum and I didn't have the texture issue I mentioned before, lasting practically 8 hours without touch ups. 


So, final thoughts. This foundation is very very matte, so if you have dry skin, you should reconsider buying it unless you intend to wear it with an extremely hydrating primer, cause otherwise I think it will be an absolute no-no for you. The weartime is actually pretty nice and decent, but I did feel it was a bit too heavy coverage-wise, so I mostly save it for special occasions or when I know I'll be exposed to extreme heat/sweat conditions. I nonetheless love it and I know it'll become a permanent addition to my foundation collection.

OVERALL GRADE
 
5/5 teacups


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

About me:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic